I want to say I always know who to count on to give me the push I need. I've always loved my Uncle Kevin...I remember being a child always looking forward to him visiting or getting to hang out with him. He made my childhood great by buying me a dump truck
for my birthday. I guess he was probably in his early 20's at that time, single, and had no idea what to get a young girl. I doubt he really analyzed the impact of this gift. But, that's what he got me & ever since I've had a thing for trucks. Then, there was the time he had my sister & I on a weekend. We were at my Grandma's apartment in Chico. He took us to the store & bought 2 pies. Is there a girl alive that wouldn't find this to be the greatest time ever? And once again, a deep new love blossomed between me and pie....all thanks to Kevin. There's been other great memories with Kev. He's become a loyal reader which you all know gives a person a ton of points with me. But, of all the things he's done to make me happy....the #1 without question was marrying Martha. Well into my teens I accepted the fact that my dad's side of the family would never give me any new relatives. But finally, Kevin cracked or something and took the plunge. Martha is great. She is fun...funny. She puts up with Kevin's quirks. She is great with my kids. She listens to your silly crap. But mostly, she tells it like it is. Once, she said something about me being like my Grandma Boone with my comments. I thought to myself, holy crud, this is insane. I most certainly am not! Martha, I admit it, I AM! I needed to hear that. Martha commented on my last post...she referenced the movie "Moonstruck". It just so happens to be a favorite of mine.(Bet you didn't know that) Snap Out of It!! Exactly what I needed to hear. Gotta love Martha! She got me thinking about this. How am I going to snap out of it? I am a person who is on edge alot of the time. I am simple, but make things so complex with all of my scattered ways. (I'm shocked if anyone is still reading at this point.) I realized something. I started this blog as an outlet to figure out things. I called it my free therapy. So, there is where my inspiration lies. I need to go back to blogging more about my crazy thoughts. Enough with the kids! They get all my attention...they won't take over my blog!(You'll still get a little of them) But, mostly, this is what it is to be me! I feel great now! Thank you Martha! Thank you Cher!






2 comments:
Oh TJ,thank you for the kind words. I still remember giving you the dump truck. Just couldn't get you any more 'girly' stuff. And you were very excited when you opened it that Christmas morning.
While I don't remember the shopping trip to pick up some pies, I do recall many other exciting and enjoyable times spent with you, and your sisters and brothers, during the years.
And Martha is definitely my better half. Yes, she does put up with quite a bit. But she enjoys dishing it out occasionally too. Somehow it all works out in the end.
Love you and it's okay to get into an occasional funk now and then. Blog about your kids and family when you wish. Blog about friends when you need to. And when you want blog about "Being You", then blog about that. It's all great reading.
kev
Amen! I have felt so boring posting about kids and events (which I will still do). Sometimes it is just fun to let out your thoughts and feelings. I read the whole thing!
By the way, where is that place you went for New Year's? It looks like a blast!
Ashley
Post a Comment