Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One Nice Thing

(This is Taylor at 1 year old.This picture makes me smile for at least a whole minute!)

I learned in counseling years ago that there is no winning in finger pointing. If I feel lonely or rejected or ugly or fat or grumpy, whatever, it's really on me. No one's choices make me act a certain way. I can make the choice to ALLOW others actions (that are out of my control) to effect me, or; I can simply not worry about them and instead do something that is in my control.
GET OFF MY BOO HOOING BUTT AND WORK ON ME!!

Today I am choosing to do one nice thing for each member of my family. It's something that I know will help me to be more thoughtful of my them and remind me to enjoy each day with them. I've got to start with Bruce because if dad's not happy...:( I'm going to put nice clean linens on the bed, write him a flirty little love note to leave on his pillow and then.......heehee! For Spencer, I'm going to take him on a bike ride after school. He loves that and will be really excited. Taylor, she's going to get extra snuggle & story time tonight. She's more affectionate than the boys and craves attention at bedtime. Cameron is the twirp. He cracks me up all the time. His idea of something special is buying candy, gum or a toy. That's not going to work for me because I'm trying to not give praise to my kids with monetary items for awhile. I want them to learn to work for money and save for purchases. So, instead, I will be treating Cameron to an unexpected lunch date. We're going on a picnic and leaving right away. He will LOVE it!! Cooper, well, he gets enough breastfeeding to make any guy over the moon. What's better than that??



It's going to be a great day!

3 comments:

ash and jay said...

You go girl!! I love this post! I have been making a HUGE effort in my home to be more positive and, in turn, we are all much happier!

Nicolette said...

You just made my day. You are an awesome mom, wife and friend! Have a time with your day... it will be awesome!

Felisha Funn said...

Im ready for a new post.. Id love to see pics of the new place!! Just a thought!! LOL