Friday, June 22, 2012

Life Update

I really want to blog again. In the past when I've done it regularly and with effortless wit, it provided to much clarity and enjoyment in my life. I don't know why it is that when life presented so much discomfort it stifled my ability to blog. I'm no where near being over it but I am really feeling the blogging spirit today so here I sit at the keyboard. Let's hope I can get my groove back. So, updates. We've added chickens to our family. 6 adult hens and two "adolescent" hens. I never knew what having chickens could do. For me, it has brought pure joy. Joy has been hard for me to come by over the past few years. Only because of my own issues & bad attitude, stupid me. Being with my feathered friends is therapy. I feel completely in touch with what is important. I become a minimalist. I no longer feel the urge to have "things" or care about what other feel about what I have or don't have. I just know in my heart that having a simple life is the best way. Amazing! I leave my chickens for a few days and I fall right back into societal entrapment. As a result, I've finally given up the closet dream of starring in a country music video or having my face on a magazine cover to being the next Pioneer Woman, a farmer in a rural community that home schools, gardens and tends to livestock. (No, we don't home school although I really want to. I don't care if you think that's weird or bad.) I'm currently very seriously considering starting back to school in the fall. I went ahead and registered for a few classes at ARC. I still have some kinks to work out with childcare for Cooper and such. At this point, I really want to pursue a music degree. It's what I already do and love. I don't know if I'm being realistic or really random. It could be my self diagnosed ADHD made me do it. I tend to be a little all over the place. But, the more I've thought about it I know that education or my lack of education is the one regret I have in life. I feel like my long list of past mistakes might seem like obvious regrets but I don't regret any of that. Those mistake absolutely detoured me from my goals and changed my life path but they always provided invaluable lessons of acceptance, tolerance, forgiveness, compassion, hope and the ability for people to change. So, I'm thinking why not? Down side is that it puts my other dream of home schooling on hold. But, If I can't begin to follow at least one dream at 35 I'll likely give up dreaming all together. I'll keep you posted....

1 comment:

EY Thrift Store said...

I am so glad you blogged! I miss you and love stalking your life via the internet.