Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Valentine's Day Belated

Here is my lovely new fondue pot, courtesy of East Bay Restraunant Supply.
It is adorned with Bruce's manly arm.

This year I planned a surprised date for Bruce & I....everyone in my club planned dates for our hubbies. The rule was that it had to be something neither one of us have ever done. After much research & thought, I made a reservation at East Bay Restaurant Supply. We did a cooking class where we learned about, made & ate FONDUE!!! We tried alot of stinky cheese. I thought it was dreamy....Bruce, not so much. He had a good time although he thinks fondue is alot of work for a not so great meal. I schooled him on the fact that fondue, stinky cheeses and such are among the most romantic foods on earth...He's not buying it. I would think that a girl from Red Bluff would be less likely to be attracted to this type of eating then a native Sacramenten. The truth is...Bruce is way more Red Neck than me!! So, he'll stick to his corn dogs and sunflower seeds while I enjoy my Gruyere & Brie. Thank you very much! Preferances, or should I say differences, aside....we had a wonderful date together. Here's a few pics to enjoy....Aren't you jealous?
Here is the lovely couple making fondue with Chorizo, jack cheese & peppers. Tasty Stuff!

2 comments:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Happy Valentines! You always have the funnest places to go to. Glad to see you are still looking as gorgeous as ever! You give me hope, that a mother of 3 can still look fantastic for her man! Love your blog girl!

Nicolette said...

So jealous. Maybe GNO there one time, what do you think?