Friday, March 6, 2009

Bringin' Sexy Back

You all know how I work. I'm fun and spunky and so dang gorgeous(ok, I'll keep the narcissism in check). That is until I go too long without getting my hair done or let my eyebrows get in a funk or gain some lbs or have some funny skin thing. I've had all of these!!! I've learned from my past mistakes. When you sit a wallow in self pity you just get fatter & uglier. There's no way around it. So, as my favorite saying goes, "Put on your big girl panties & DEAL". (I do sport a very cute apron that says this!) So, I made a plan.

1. Get a sitter...Kids went to Grandma's house for a few hours.
2. Head straight way to Nordie's...no detours.
3. Park by the lingerie dept...get measured for some hooter holder uppers, find the perfect fit, close the deal!(Please be measured everytime you go...and remember beige is not old lady, it's essential.)
4. If you have $, head to the denim racks to try on a good 10-20 pair of designer jeans. Goal is the illusion of a hot booty! $$'s tight, like mine is, head over to the next best thing...the Rack! Same goal.
5. New tee, just low enough to show off the hot new cleavage but barely high enough to pass the modesty check.
6. Eyebrow wax and I'm set.
7. Hair appt scheduled. Bummer I have to wait a couple weeks...but well worth the wait.

Now, that's the short term rescue plan, which has helped me tremendously. Now I've got to lose a few lbs which really sucks because I love great food above all else. But, you know, Rome wasn't built in a day...I'll be working on that one.

5 comments:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Would have so gone with you. Glad to hear you had a great day! Can't wait to see you post when you get your hair done!

Nicolette said...

The perfect day. Wish it could be everyday. Oh, and you are sooo sexy!

Liz said...

Tanja- you are so cute!!! You deserve a day of spoiling yourself!!!

Ashley said...

I love you. I really mean it. I love how honest you are, your confidence, no one gets to you, the fun you have with life, and that you just put it all out there. I always enjoy our chats and your blog.

Thanks for setting me up with Ashley for her stuff. That was awesome. I think I will be putting her stuff to use rather shortly.

Kimberly said...

Man, somehow I missed this post until I saw it today! T, you never lost sexy! You are the most uninhibited, vivacious woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and I wouldn't change a thing!