Hmmm, I've got another confession. (I like to get things off my chest!) In addition to binge eating and not exercising I've been on a bit of a spending streak too. UGHHH, the guilt. Well, that's a lie. I've always felt that I feel guilty for not feeling guilty. Does that make sense? My friend Molly refers to it as the good ole' Catholic guilt. I'm not Catholic. I'm a Mormon. But, my dad came from a Catholic family so I think not only do I have the Mormon guilt...I've inherited the Catholic guilt too. It's a double whammy! But, The guilt isn't what I want to talk about.
I want to talk about what I've been spending on. As much as I need to get myself in check, I admit I'm sooo elated about it. I ran out of my favorite Lancome moistuizer way back when....So, I got another. Chi-Ching! I also had run out of my favorite shampoo & conditioner, Pureology. Chi-Ching! I got my hair cut on Friday. Then I was at Target & they have some really cute stuff right now... I picked up a fabulous hat & denim jacket. After that trip I went to Red Bluff. The main intent was to take care of my Grandpa for the weekend. I ran over to a jewery show with my sister before my shift officially started. I came home with a lovely, plump bag of jewelry. Oh, and another hat! Chi-Ching! I stayed the night with Gramps and had a great weekend with my family. My mom, sister & I snuck down to Chico for a few hours to have a little get together with Patrice. That is when the food binging got bad. I had a stomach ache the rest of the day and into Sunday. But....I looked really cute in my new hats & earrings!!!
Now, Monday has arrived. The spending spree is DONE! It's to the gym and minimal eating for me. How wonderful it is to have a fresh start!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
you sure had better luck than I did! I've been shopping and NOT finding anything that I want nor that I can fit into!!! blah...
I bet you look darling in your hats! Every once in a while, a woman just needs to let loose and spend. I have finally found "Once upon a Child." Always thought it was a place just like DI filled with half washed and really worn cloths. Nope! Boy was I wrong. I spent 30 dollars and got short, shoes, shirts and a blazer for my boys. YAHOOO!
Post a Comment