Saturday, November 21, 2009

Countdown to the Big Feast! #1

Today I am thankful for hunting season. Shocking I know. Most hunting widows that I know despise the season. And believe me, I often agree. But today, I need some quiet. I need to get a break from the 2 ferocious beasts. Not Bruce & Spencer, Magnum & Ramsey. (Although Bruce is known for being beastly.) I've been wanting to organize a few things without getting my butt sniffed every time I bend over. Or drop a duke in the toilet without Ramsey trying to peek in. Now is the time that I can. Bruce and Spencer have left for the afternoon to hunt. If I'm really lucky, he'll even bring me home a plump pheasant or two. And if he brings home those nasty dove instead and tosses them in my fridge, then you may be reading tomorrow's Countdown to the Big Feast #2.....all about how grateful I am for life insurance.

The other part of hunting season that makes me grateful is seeing how excited Spencer is. This is his thing with dad and every boy needs that. He painted his face like a warrior. I'm not sure if he's trying to blend in or was thinking of Squanto, which he just finished reading at school. Either way, he looks like a dirty hunter with a missing front tooth. I love it!!!

No comments: