Friday, June 13, 2008

Oops!

I know it's probably no big shock to anyone around me how nuts I am at times. But, for me, I try to tell myself that I'm keeping it together rather well. Why then did I do these 2 very embarrassing (& nuts) things. First, on Sunday, I'm at church with the kids and when we we're leaving I walked out to the car. Spencer & Taylor were walking beside me & I suddenly had a near panic attack. I thought Cameron had run off into the parking lot so I started to call him. When I got no answer & still couldn't see him the panic rose & I was now yelling his name. How stupid I felt when Spencer, who had been yelling my name & I ignored him, finally got my attention to tell me, "MOM!! You're holding him!!" It was then that I realized several people were looking at me, now certain that I have gone mad! The most recent embarrassment was this morning. Yesterday, I was at a friend's home for piano lessons & it was discussed that they were having a yard sale this weekend. I said I would come. Why did I stay up all night, tossing & turning in excitement over the yard sale and in fear that I would sleep in and not be the 1st one there at 8am? So, this morning after not sleeping hardly at all, I got up at 5am and read my book, just waiting for time to pass so I could wake up the kids and be the 1st at the yard sale. We rushed over, just to find out that it's not today, IT'S TOMORROW!!. I messed up the date. I'm sure my friend really loved having me and my kiddos show up on her doorstep that early. I think I may be a lunatic!!!! It does run in my family, you know.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay, I totally laughed out loud. I can picture the whole thing, with Cameron in your arms. I always appreciate other mom's sharing their embarrassing moments. It let's me know that it doesn't just happen to me! You know like showing up somewhere and realizing you never buckled the baby in the carrier. I wondered why he was crying. Good luck with the week ahead!
Ashley

Dawn said...

That's so funny! Funny, because I've done the same thing. It really does run in the family! You are an awesome mom Tanja!

Ashley said...

You are cracking me up! Glad to see you this weekend!

Ashlee said...

Well I have to say that being Nuts must come from the Boone side of the family, not the Watts side... :)Love you!