Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Love My Friends

Last night I had my monthly Live, Laugh, Love club. We went to Roxy...oh so delicious! I had the best short ribs ever...We laughed & cried & laughed some more. I've always been a person that didn't have many girlfriends. I had a few, maybe 1 or 2 really close friends that I did everything with. After I got married, it changed. I then had tons of "friends" but not 1 friend that really knew me and was there for me. Over the last several years it got better but with moves and lives moving forward, I've come full circle back to feeling like I'm friendless. My true friend, Felisha, can go on for hours explaining why this is and why it's hard for me. The bottom line is that I'm a yellow...you've got to read that book! Anyway, last night I was reminded that sometimes I need to remember that friends come in many ways. They may not all be a lifetime friend. In fact, I think very few if any are. But each one is a blessing in our life for that time. It's still true that I'm sad that I don't currently have my one best friend that I confide everything to here in Sac so we can be 2 needy friends together...however, I am so grateful to have friends all around me that can brighten my day regardless of the frequency of the visits. I love you all, friends!!

3 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

So well said! I agree!

I have to talk to you sometime about this Live.Laugh.Love group. I want to create one but would love to pick your brain about it first.

Orange Peanut said...

p.s. Let's get together sometime!

Felisha Funn said...

You are so cute!! I love you tons, and I'm so glad that you are having fun and that there are some awesome ladies taking good care of you!! Ill be home in 93 days I cant wait! XoXO Love your true BLUE BFF!!