
My Live, Laugh, Love Club has a tradition that we share. Every Thanksgiving we plan a Thanksgiving Dinner and take it to a family in need. This is our 3rd year and it's definately a favorite. I can't imagine celebrating Thanksgiving without a turkey, pie & all the fixings. So, being able to provide that to another family really warms my heart. The past 2 years we loaded all of our kids up let them be a part of the delivery. It's very eye opening for them. This year, we taught the importance of giving without being recognized. We put the meal together and the bishop from our church deliver it. We don't know who the family is...but we know we are showing gratitude for the blessings we receive by giving to another. That is a priceless feeling.
So, my challenge to all, is to start this same tradition...if you can't afford to provide an entire meal yourself, get together with a family or 2 or more and split it.
Most churches will have families you can help, or you can contact any hospice center and they will have names to give. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to give to others. You will be too.






2 comments:
I love the warm feeling you get after serving someone in need over the Hoidays. That's a very great idea.
Great idea.. I'm glad you're able to spread some thanksgiving cheer!!
Post a Comment