I grew up on little league...My dad was the baseball crazed dad. He loved being at the ball field, in any capacity. He played, he coached, he umpired, he cheered from the stands. So, that became my family. I was a little more of the red headed step child. (I happen to love red hair so no offense to my beautiful red headed friends!) I wasn't coordinated, definitely not athletic. I was repulsed by anything labor intensive. I think I'm the only one in the family that wasn't a star throughout little league. I wanted to be good...it's a pattern throughout my life...I don't usually get what I want.
So, being a mom, I've looked forward to the years of my kids doing little league. I know enough about it to be a really good team mom & lead the parents in a good cheer. I worked a few summers in the concession stand...so, I'm ready to take on that. I will tell you though, my dreams were shattered this morning. I returned a call from Spencer's new t-ball coach. This is Spencer's first year so we went with t-ball....Why are 4-7 year olds having 2 practices a week & 2 games a week? THAT IS 4 DAYS OF LITTLE LEAGUE A WEEK! Now, I've taken the attitude of my mother. Little League is awful! I haven't even started the season and I'm dreading the whole thing. What happened to 1 practice with a Saturday game? I don't understand this at all? Practices are on Tues & Thurs which means Bruce will be in charge of the running around while I teach piano. This is devasting to my newly acquired budget. I know him after this long and this means one thing. Eating out every Tues & Thurs. UGHHHH! I hate having my kids grow up. It's really cramping my do whatever we want lifestyle. All this scheduling makes me crazy!!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
That's one serious coach......I'm not looking forward to that at all.
My husband has coached Dallin's t-ball team last year and once the season started he stopped having practices, he just asked for the players to be there 15 minutes before each game, to stretch and go over basic skills that they had been practicing the month before games started. After all, the games aren't scored and it is just t-ball! Make it fun so the kids enjoy their first taste of baseball.
Good luck with the season, I'm sure it will go well!
I just wanted to say hi! I am Felisha's cousin Katie. Not sure if you remember me. I found your blog off Ashley's blog.
I have 4 boys, so we advoid the Little League stuff. I mean, could you imagine, paying for 4 boys in Little league, then all the games and practices?...yuck, no thanks. They have enough homeowrk these day to keep them busy.
Cute blog!
Post a Comment