Many of you have heard about or have been part of the Live, Laugh, Love club that I'm in and love so much! Last night, we met and my friend, Debbie, hosted a fabulous evening. We are a very eclectic group of women for which I'm grateful. It's so good to have a little diversity in my life. We meet monthly with the purpose of helping one another teach values to our children and create and keep family traditions. Each month is assigned a value that coordinates to the holiday occuring in that month. Although, August not having a major holiday is assigned the value of Faith. We usually have a project that we work on that will aid our family in teaching the value for the upcoming month. We also have a "take-home tradition" that is more simple and becomes the tradition we do yearly as a family. Last night, we made Family Home Evening boards. Many of my LDS friends have seen these for awhile. However, my club is largely non-LDS so this was a new thing for them and very exciting for all of us! I don't have one yet and really needed something to help my family be more regular in our FHE. Here's a picture of us. Debbie is missing, she was taking the picture. Denise was not able to make it last night so she's missing. Pictured is Georgia, myself, Molly, and Ashley. I love these girls!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
My Family Home Evening Board
Many of you have heard about or have been part of the Live, Laugh, Love club that I'm in and love so much! Last night, we met and my friend, Debbie, hosted a fabulous evening. We are a very eclectic group of women for which I'm grateful. It's so good to have a little diversity in my life. We meet monthly with the purpose of helping one another teach values to our children and create and keep family traditions. Each month is assigned a value that coordinates to the holiday occuring in that month. Although, August not having a major holiday is assigned the value of Faith. We usually have a project that we work on that will aid our family in teaching the value for the upcoming month. We also have a "take-home tradition" that is more simple and becomes the tradition we do yearly as a family. Last night, we made Family Home Evening boards. Many of my LDS friends have seen these for awhile. However, my club is largely non-LDS so this was a new thing for them and very exciting for all of us! I don't have one yet and really needed something to help my family be more regular in our FHE. Here's a picture of us. Debbie is missing, she was taking the picture. Denise was not able to make it last night so she's missing. Pictured is Georgia, myself, Molly, and Ashley. I love these girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
What a great idea to do with "non-member" friends. Everyone can benefit from a family night. The signs look very professional too, way to go!
Ashley
Post a Comment