Friday, September 5, 2008

Buddy's Farewell



Our dear Bud went missing last Saturday while we were camping with our family at Emigrant Gap. We have not been able to find him or gain any insight as to what may have happened to him. After much searching in the mountains, over the phone, online and driving to shelters, I have laid him to rest in my heart. Bud was nearly 17 years old. He's deaf and almost completely blind. He had severe hip arthritis. He was the world's best hunter. His nose was amazing. I saw him catch a duck & a pheasant in mid air. He was a die hard bird dog!!! He didn't like to fetch sticks or toys. He was happy to just sniff around. He was a very mild mannered dog and couldn't be better with my kids. They loved him so much. They would lay on him and try to ride him. He put up with alot of annoyance between the kids and Magnum(our black lab). I've decided that Buddy knew Bruce could never let him go...so he found a serene spot in his favorite place on earth, the outdoors, and took his last nap... All other possibilities are too cruel for me to think about. I feel guilty that for so long I have tried to convince Bruce this dog was suffering and to put him down and now this. I feel like I wished this on him. Only I never wanted him to go this way. Everyone that knows me knows how much I hate the dog hair in my home and the messes that Buddy has left as of late. But I am a good person and I would never want an animal harmed. So, today I am letting Bud go and wishing him a wonderful life in heaven. I hope he has found a duck pond to rest at eternally!!! Good bye Buddy!!!

5 comments:

Terry said...

I'm sure that is exactly what happened. They seem to know when they are leaving and often try to make it easy on us. He just had an extra special opportunity to do so. Isn't the concept of eternity just great! Love ya, Terry (Seely) Didn't think you'd recognize the ttisageea thing!

Liz said...

Oh Tanja!!! I'm sorry about Buddy but he is probably running at full speed up in heaven. I'm sure he loved you all as much as you all loved him! My heart is with you! Love-Liz

Felisha Funn said...

Bye buddy!! I was just looking at some old camping pictures I think when you were pregnant with Taylor.. and there was buddy.. it made me sad too. When you first told me about him wondering off I thought the same thing.. he found a nice peaceful spot under a shady tree and took his last nap.. Im sure of it!! Love you!!

Orange Peanut said...

I'm so sorry about your dog!

Landra Lynn said...

Animals have a keen sense of what is right to do in situations. I like your take on the situation, but my heart hurts for your family for losing a beloved pet. Hugs!

We are hosting a "cookie sale" to help support Nie and her family.

If you would like to help, feel free to visit http://xomissl2.blogspot.com

Thanks!!