Monday, September 22, 2008

One Sexy Sabbath Day


Yesterday, I awoke unusually excited to go to church for the 4 hour block. As a member of the LDS church, I take in 3 full hours of spiritual enlightenment, as do all other members. I, however, have the great joy of adding a 4th hour for the choir. Oh, do I love choir...(Just in case you can't tell there is some sarcasm you should be sensing.)
Don't get me wrong. I do love going to church. And I really do love playing piano for the choir. It's just all the stress and rushing it takes to get there and have the kids running wild through the chapel while I play that brings on my dread. Yesterday, was different. The choir was performing in Sacrament meeting and we were actually playing one of my most favorite songs that I've ever played for a choir. There were lots of booming octaves in the bass, which always makes it sound so grand. Best of all, I GOT A NEW DRESS!! Some would say it was the spirit of God helping me play well, some may say there were angels by my side, some might even believe my dedicated practice did the job...I know better. I LOOKED HOT!!! When I look that fabulous, I can do great things. I don't know what it is but I played that song so well. I nearly started crying in the midst of the performance. I couldn't believe how beautiful our music sounded. I was so pleased with my dress, that I made Bruce take a picture of me before I left the house in the morning. I know I must sound very ridiculous and vain. I'm not. Every girl should go get all dolled up and pampered and test my theory. I guarantee improved attitude and self-esteem.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You crack me up...but yes, indeed...you do look hot!!!

Dawn said...

Wow, you are a hot mama! I wish I could wear dresses like that. Women definitely feel better in a new outfit.

Felisha Funn said...

Amen!! (no pun intended) You are one hot tamale!! A new outfit can make all the difference in the world!!

Orange Peanut said...

You are hot!

ash and jay said...

I feel you, girl! Sometimes I feel like the only woman who dresses up(femanine & fashionable) for church. You most certainly are SMOKIN' HOT in that outfit. I'm sure you did us proud (me & Felisha).