
Khaled Hosseini.I started this book Thursday evening. I barely got 15 pages in to it before I had to stop for piano lessons. I picked it up again Friday evening. I finished it on Saturday. I read The Kite Runner several months ago and loved it. This book is similiar in that it's in Afghanistan, it describes many horrible things that have transpired in the country over the last 30 years or so.I love both so much. All I can say is that I am so blessed to be a woman living in the United States. I can pray however I want, when I want, where I want. I can refuse to cook dinner and my husband will be fine with driving down to Wendy's. I can cook the most disgusting meal and it's no big deal. I can look a man in the eye and tell him where to stick it if I want. I could even cheat on my spouse and still be safe. Most of these things aren't things for my husband to worry about...but do I ever feel horrible for those women in the world who cannot be safe if they were to do any of these things.






1 comment:
Tanja-
I just saw your post about ER. You know, somehow I didn't ever see that episode. I have always hoped to find it in reruns and have been thinking about trying to find it online. I heard it was sad! You know Dr. Green is coming back this season just as a look back. I am really going to be mourning when the show is over.
Thanks for the post!
Ashley
Post a Comment