Monday, October 13, 2008

Ratatouille Stoup

Here's the recipe from my last post. It's from Rachael Ray's yum-o family cookbook.


3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded & diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
1 medium eggplant
2 small zucchini, diced
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with their juices
6 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb small cut whole wheat pasta(I used penne)
a handful of parsley, finely chopped
a few fresh basil leaves, torn or shredded

Heat the olive oil in a deep pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bell peppers, eggplant and zucchini. Season the veggies with salt, pepper, and thyme and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes, stirring now and then. Add the tomatoes and chicken stock and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Stir in the pasta and cook al dente. Stir in the parsley and basil, adjust the salt & pepper, and serve.

Serves 6

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You're awesome! I never cook or bake cakes anymore. I just don't have the energy or desire. Looks yummy.

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Hey,
It was so much fun to see you the other night. I really enjoyed talking to you and hanging out. I always feel inspired, because of your energy and love of life! Thanks. Call me if you want to start working on a program together. Email me your address for the holidays jtharry12@yahooc.om