
On Friday night, Bruce tells me that Scott & Carol(his brother & sister-in-law) are going to the temple the next day to be sealed(translation:Married forever) Oh, how exciting right!?? Well, sure, at least it became that after I nailed down a babysitter...Bruce never thinks of these things.
I was the first out of the temple. I've been an Anderson long enough to know that you must keep moving along if you ever want to get anywhere. I thought I might lead the family onward...It took some time. So, while waiting, I was thinking about my Grandma Boone. I miss her still. I was missing my mom & wished she were there too. I took a picture of myself with the temple behind me and sent it to her. As my mind continued to wander I was overcome with gratitude. Not just for the obvious, family, God, a home. But for the seemingly small & simple things. Particularly, my shoes. I sat thinking how gorgeous my shoes were looking. I really wished I had my toenails in tip top shape for these shoes. I couldn't get over how much excitement I still felt for these shoes that I bought in June. It must be because they're red & heels. The peep toe helps too.
I started taking pictures of them to capture the moment.


The family finally made it out of the temple. We took a few more picture. Then my sweet mother-in-law asked me if I would show her all of the pictures I had been taking recently. Sure, I said. As I scrolled through, I realized I very well may be
narcissistic. She saw my shoe pictures. My many self taken portraits. Oh my. I've decided that it's good to enjoy one's self. It sure beats berating yourself(which is what I used to do), any day of the week. So, I will go on admiring my own shoes and good looks...just like the temple, it's good for my soul.






3 comments:
Love those shoes!
You narcissistic NO!! LOL!! Girl you look G-O-O-D!! Smokin even!!
TJ, I just gotta say I love ya!
Kev
Post a Comment