Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Clubin'

Last night was once again my Live, Laugh, Love Club night. Oh how I look forward to it. It was my turn to host. I'll post once we reach November about the cutesy details.

This club night was over the top for me & my ladies. Our friend & fellow clubber, Georgia had a birthday. Our celebration was "belated". Georgia is a special kind of person. She is one of the most generous, nurturing, and kind people I've ever met. She will drop almost anything for a friend in need. She is always, always concerned about others feelings and needs. In fact, so much so, that is to a fault. She often neglects her own needs to care for others. She is a very strong woman. She cared for both of her parents while they fought cancer to no avail. Not long after losing both parents, and with a small child of her own, she received the dreadful diagnosis of breast cancer. She just reached her 5 years of survivorship.(Is that what it's called?)

Clearly, she was in need of over the top....Two of our gal pals went shopping. They selected 4 outfits, including shoes and handbags, for Georgia to try on. She got to pick the 1 that she loved to keep. We met at my home. Georgia thought she was coming early to our meeting to help me with some last minute touches. Instead, we surprised her with her make-over. She started with the clothes. She picked a fabulous outfit. We then had a hair stylist come & do her hair. Ashley, another friend and fellow clubber, was a make-up artist for a long time. She was equip with everything for a full on Hollywood Glam makeup session. After getting our dear friend all glitzed up, we took her to Roxy for a super yummy dinner and dessert.





The best part wasn't the food the laughs, the fun. It was how amazing I felt inside to see my friend feel so special. It is something that everyone should experience. We would all be better people and so much happier with our own lives if we were like my Friend, Georgia, and gave to others before worrying about ourselves.


Knowing her and her story has inspired me to look deep within myself and let go of what doesn't matter while holding tight to all that does. She has taught me that each day really is a gift. I'm blessed to wake up every day knowing I have my children to cuddle, my husband to love on, parents who encourage me and friends to share the ups and downs of life with, over a ton of food. (This may be a run-on.)

So, Cheers to Georgia, my LLL gals....and all the other amazing people in my life.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, I love it. What good friends. Do you have a good before picture. Looks like a good time for sure!

Way to brighten someone's day!
Ashley

Felisha Funn said...

You all look adorable.. what an amazing friend and example..cant wait to meet everyone!! Luv ya

Orange Peanut said...

So very nice! What a fun group!

Dawn said...

How sweet! That's an awesome idea. I think I'll steal it. I bet she felt amazing!