Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Christmas Eve at the Anderson's
The Anderson's is always our spot for Christmas Eve. It's the place where you never know what may happen. So, I come armed with stilettos and a large purse. (I'm joking, it just came to me and sounded so Godfatherish I had to say it.) This year was no exception. When it came time to leave, still having been uneventful...we thought, "What a wonderful holiday it was." That feeling lasted about 2 seconds after Bruce went to start the car and it sounded like a gun went off under our hood and smoke came out and once again...I related the Anderson's family Christmas to a mafia movie. The kids instantly burst into tears..."Now we'll have no Christmas!! Santa will skip our house...This sucks, Mom!" I'm thinking to myself, they have no idea how badly this sucks...Merry Christmas, Tanja. Santa didn't get you you're IPod or the make-up or anything fabulous...Just a broken down car, a fat bill to pay because of it and 3 crabby, crying kids. Now we've come full circle, right smack into a Griswold family Christmas. We caught a ride home awhile later from Bruce's sister. I put the kids to bed around 11:30pm, got ready for Santa and made to bed around 12:45. Not bad.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment