Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life...


I have spent alot of time feeling alone or isolated emotionally. This afternoon I see how foolish I am. Friday after school, Bruce went hunting with a friend. I was actually happy to see him go because I started reading "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski. I like alot of alone time when I have stuff like that going on. I also was watching my friend's 2 kids while she & her hubby went out on a much needed date. I got no reading done that night since Cameron was at an all-time mischief high. By the time my friend picked up her kids my back was killing me from holding that sweet little newborn.(A reminder that I cannot handle having another child anytime soon)Bruce came home for a brief moment to show me the deer in the back of my car that his friend got. It was very exciting for us. He went over to his friend's house, where they cleaned & cut it up...

I slept great that night...Woke up in the morning to go to a very exciting soccer game for Spencer. The whole family went which made me so happy. Spencer's team lost as they seem to always do but they played better then they have before and it was quite fun to cheer them on. After the game, I took Taylor for a date w/ Mom. We went to my dear friend, Molly's home, for a yarn sale. OH MY!! Ladies, please learn to knit. It's so great. I feel so empowered while knitting. I'm creating this wonderful piece to warm and comfort someone I love and all the while armed with dangerous weaponry(THE NEEDLES AND YARN) If Bruce gives me any lip while I'm knitting, he could be a goner if wanted him to be. Anyhow, I got alot of fabulous threads for practically nothing. We went over to watch my sister, Stevie, play in a volleyball tourney and then we had lunch at El Palmar. One of my favorite things about my daughter is that she shares my love of beans and rice. Gotta love her. We met up with Bruce at Home Depot to get wood for the treehouse that Bruce and Spencer are building together. (Isn't that sweet!) I took a very short nap and did a little cleaning. Then Bruce took Spencer and went our for another hunt. I got a babysitter and went to dinner with my friend, Megan. Her hubby was hunting with Bruce. We had great food at California Pizza Kitchen. I was excited since Bruce never wants to eat there. I came home, put Tay & Cameron to bed and enjoyed my book until Bruce came home. It was late...but we got to talking and then we started reading a book "Rock Solid Relationships" by Wendy Watson together. I've read it before and liked it and mentioned that I thought it would be a good one to read together. He agreed so at midnight, we read.

Today I made pancakes with strawberries for breakfast, chicken salad sandwiches for lunch, and have a venison roast in the crockpot for dinner that will be served with winter squash and apple mash, and mixed greens. All from my Friday delivery. I've been watching the General Conference on TV that our chuch has twice a year. It was so great this time. I felt so much hope and comfort. As I watched I knit. Then Henry B. Eyring began talking about being knit together in unity. I was so inspired I finished one scarf and started another that is halfway done. I share all these boring details of my weekend only to say that I have so many wonderful things and wonderful people in my life. The things that are missing seem huge at times, but I have a great life without them so doesn't that speak volumes about how little I really need those things? I love my husband and my children. I have great parents. More brothers and sisters than I can keep track of. I love my filthy little home. I have great friends. It really is wonderful being me.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing...

BTW I still have the scarf adn hat you made and gave to me and I wear them every winter! You are very talented Miss!