Monday, December 1, 2008

Welcome, December!

We're home from RB. I really had a great time. The day after Thanksgiving, I went shopping w/ my mom, my sister, & my sister Sarah & my sister, Stevie(yes, she's named after Stevie Nicks & it's a good story for later.)We are not the early riser type so we didn't get out until 10 or so. It's Red Bluff, so we started at the major shopping spot in town, Wal-Mart. I got some $4 pajamas for the kids. Whoopee!! We headed up to the Anderson outlets. Gymboree got me. Those kid stores really know how to trap me without much effort. Then we went to Maurice's. I swear, my narcissism was at a peak in the dressing room. I'm seriously angered that I didn't think to take pictures because I had such a fabulous time there. I do feel bad for my sisters and mom that sat so solemnly while I paraded myself around the dressing room like I thought I was a rock star. My mom, she's the greatest, got me an early present and those of you that saw me at church know how smashing it was. (Again, I didn't take a picture...but I will of that dress because it's fabulous.) Here's a picture of us in the car...Sarah didn't make it in.
Saturday night, my mom & dad took Bruce & I to dinner. We had ribs,(again so fitting for Red Bluff)really great ribs I might add. No kids. Then we went to the Christmas parade downtown. Now this is no Macy's Day parade...this is in true RB fashion, Mexican's in low riders and a whole lot of tractors and cowboys in big trucks. I really love hanging out with my mom & pops.

But now we are home, so,it's time to get busy...laundry, laundry and more laundry. A little bit of dusting and....Yeah! It's Christmas time. I will be spending the rest of today decorating. My Christmas carols are already playing. I went to Starbucks this morning to get my grande hot chocolate w/ whip. Today is the day to go (RED) at Starbucks. I've actually been going there alot lately. I got a $40 giftcard from the soccer coaches for being the team mom. Another disorder I may have...A $40 giftcard in hand and I suddenly feel like a pimp at Starbucks! Spencer got up early to cut out snowflakes for each of his classmates. He's very thoughtful that way. My first thing to go up in my home was my advent calendar, of sorts. It's actually socks strung using a long piece of ribbon and clothespins. Each sock if filled with a treat and a "to-do today item". For instance, today the treat was 3 hershey's kisses and a paper that says decorate the house. So, not only do my children get the normal tasty surprise to help countdown the day until Christmas, I get to maintain my sanity by having all the Christmas stuff scheduled. Only 1 thing a day, that's easy! One day will be making Gingerbread houses. Another will be making reindeer food. The next might be Christmas movie night. It's all very exciting....This whole wonderful thing was a live, laugh, love project. My friend, Ashley, started this tradition in our club and I love her for it!
I'm proofing this post before publishing and I can't help but get a kick out of myself. I'm a bonafied nut job...(No offense to anyone mentally or emotionally challenged in any way...I refer only to myself as a nut job.)

3 comments:

Felisha Funn said...

Well your my favorite "nut job"!!! What a great time. Ill be seeing you very soon!! YEAH!!

Ruth M said...

You do make me laugh, and I love the advent calendar idea. I'd love a list of what each sock contains if you ever get the time.

Trent and Amber said...

I love the advent sock idea! So cute! I might just have to do that next year! I am a planner and it's nice to have it planned out each day. :)